Progress Thus Far - March 2007
Once again we want to provide you with a behind the scenes look at what is going on at MFT. The work never ends! :-)
- The performance enhancements and design changes are progressing to our satisfaction although slightly behind schedule. We're hoping we'll soon see further performance improvements on the test/development site. The contractor is currently scheduled to complete the work by mid-March.
- Now that we've reported progress on the planned changes to MFT, we can tell you that we had many problems dealing with a previous contractor. Fortunately we escaped that ordeal with every penny back in our pockets. We've learned that a contractor with a great reputation does not translate to a guarantee...but a good contract does.
- Three hundred and fifty 2007 MFT Calendars have been printed and are presently on route to several destinations throughout North America (presumably sales reps). Any proceeds from this transaction are being used to subsidize the aforementioned site improvements. Phew!
- Meeting took place between Alan and Mario and Olympus the week before the announcement of the new E-410 and E-510 cameras. We were greatly disappointed to learn that the new lenses and P-1 were not communicated to us beforehand. We have taken issue with Olympus on the matter.
- We have decided to give blurb.com the opportunity to publish the MFT Book of Images given their layout style, quality reviews, service reviews and pricing. The only problem lies in the fact that their formats do not allow us to print the style of book we and the community decided to print (i.e. large sized photo with detailed information beneath). This means every photo must be overlayed onto a larger template allowing us to submit the entire page as a single, full-sized photo. It has been difficult finding time to do this task over the past month. If any members want to pitch in and share the workload, it would be much appreciated and we would mention your name(s) in the final print of the book (along with Pascal Robinet and Michael Hoefner).
- We've thought long and hard about organizing another MFT International Meet and we've decided that we cannot afford to defocus our efforts away from the site and the online membership themselves to coordinate such an event. However, we are able to provide support to a volunteer willing to host such an event. The first meet in Croatia was organized this way and it turned out to be a tremendous success!
- We are currently searching for a new service provider in anticipation of moving the site to a more reliable and performant solution after the site changes are in place.
- Of course there's the usual "customer support" we deal with almost on a daily basis with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheers to you all for participating - the best way you can give back to MyFourThirds is by commenting on your fellow community members' photos!
Alan and Mario
Share this Article